Thursday 18 June 2009

Touch the Truck

Fame at last! Please make an orderly queue. I'm on my way up and no-one's going to stop me.

The widely known and highly read 'Diesel and Gas Turbine Magazine' has printed an article quoting me (on several occasions) as an expert in the industry of moving large diesel and gas turbines. Which of course I'm not. but anything for a bit of profile for my fledgling blog. Do you think they would sponsor this?

I haven't really listened to much music for a while. I seem to have become addicted to podcasts. Podcasts are great. They seem to have taken on an entertainment format all of their own. Some of my favourites are Collings&Herrin and radio 4's FridayNight Comedy , but mainly anything funny. I especially enjoy podcast when the work me is travelling and I'm being miserable not having to speak to anyone. I just sit there and laugh to myself, usually about juvenile bumming jokes on the Collings&Herrin podcast.

When driving today I put on a cd and listened to a couple of songs at full volume and was really surprised how much I enjoyed it. I think I've been depriving myself of music, and never mind vitamin D, give me some vitamin M. Ok that doesn't really work, but you know what I mean. Diving songs are best on a sunny day, with the windows open and the roof down if you are fortunate to have a car without a roof.

Favourite driving songs? I'll leave that for another day, but I think I'll give the podcasts a miss for a while and listen to a few of the 5000 songs on my ipod while I'm out with the dog. Girls Aloud........ok, as long as it's Biology.

No comments:

Post a Comment