Sunday 7 June 2009

During and after the rain................

Rain above in Shrewsbury

Rain below in Laos
It appears that this weekends constant raining has been payback for last weekend constant sunshine. And who said there is no such thing as karma/Yin&Yang/what goes around...........

The weekend; as always; has gone by quicker than any of us wanted. It's been another interesting one, but now Sunday evening brings with it the usual routine of preparation for Monday, but more importantly tonight the final of The Apprentice. Yes Sir Alan.

This series has been good, a lot better than last year for sure. I can hardly remember who won last year (Lee I believe? - he didn't make it and went on holiday after a few weeks and never returned. If only). Aside from Nick and Margaret becoming a little more animated in this series, I have also noticed some things which warrant review:
1 - Why does Frances (Sir Alan's Secretary, sorry PA) get up in the middle of the night, dress and have breakfast, then drive to the office, just to phone up the contestants at the crack of dawn to tell them to be at Battersey Dog's Home (or wherever) in 30 minutes? She must either, get paid a fortune or be incredibly driven. Also, once she's phoned up the contestants, hat does she do then? There can't be a lot of 'PA ing' that needs doing at 5.30am, although I suppose there's always emails to read and file. Damn that work me!

2 - Francis always instructs the contestants that the cars will arrive in 30 minutes. Then the contestant who has answered the phone then goes and wakes up the others. How do they manage to get themselves ready in 30 minutes? I struggle to get myself out of bed and ready for anything in 30 minutes and that's without having to iron clothes or share a bathroom.

3 - I notice that both Francis and Sir Alan have ditched their AMSTRAD phones with the big LCD display and texting/email capability, and these have been replaced with ultra slim desk phones.

I hope that in these credit crunch times that this doesn't mean the end for Sir Alan's multimillion fortune. I assume that Francis didn't like the look of the useless machine and recommenced to Sir Alan that he used an IPhone to email or text her whilst listening to music. I hope that as a result of this outspoken gesture from Francis, Sir Alan doesn't utter the immortal line 'Your Fired' and we lose her from the next series. She's my favourite. And remember all those early mornings Sir Alan.


Anyway, I don't really care who wins tonight but I suppose I should favour Kate as she is from the Midlands and has nice teeth.



I am quite surprised about the direction this blog entry has gone as I was going to keep it short and focus mainly on reading about the 'Nightingale and the Chamberlain' with my daughter. Maybe next time.

Looking forward to a dry and sunny week. I'm off to do some ironing before the Francis Show starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment