Wednesday 24 June 2009

Summer Holidays

It is nearly time to pack our brand new brown bags, fill the car with kids, dogs, cats and go on holiday. Well that is what you do in the summer.

Today was a hot and sunny day. In my office you can't really tell what it is like in the outside world. This is due to the air con and the terrible view from my office window. I left the office at around 12.30pm and walked accross to Accounts and couldn't believe how warm it was. So at 1pm I went home and jumped in the MG and went for a quick drive around Hixon. This is probably only the second time in a year I have gone to work in the MG. Not sure why, as it's a lot nicer to drive than the SMax on a hot and sunny day.

I am really really looking forward to our week away in the sunny Isle of Man. I also really like holidaying in Britain. I think that there are so many great places and most people never get to appreciate them as they are too keen to catch that flight to Corfu or Magaluf.

After reading a blog written by SilverTiger I made a promise to eat toasty everyday of the holiday, although I'm not sure I'll stick to this promise.

There are plenty of good things to do on the Isle of Man. As the kids get older I am excited about them enjoying some of the things I enjoyed as I was growing up. They are still young enough not to find it too cheesy or boring, although I know this will come. Plus now that they have been abroad I think that they secretly like the weather being hot and sunny everyday so that they can play in the pool.

I know that now I'm in my 36th year I have turned into a boring old hippy. I remember when I was about ten years old I was playing in Poulsom Park in Castletown with a friend of mine. We were hanging around not doing anything exciting when we got talking to a couple of other kids. We didn't recognise the kids from school and so were quite interested in where they were from. When one of them explained they were on holiday from England, I remember thinking to myself that their parents must be weird to come to the Isle of Man when they could to loads of better places to go, like Blackpool.....and Alton Towers.

Who said 10 year olds dont know what they are talking about.

1 comment: